PIPAE Further Developments
What does the future hold for PhototherapyEurope in Prisons and elsewhere?
To join the mailing list, or to add your future events, complete the comments section at the end of this page or email email@example.com
University of Roehampton, UK
- Seminar/Workshop at Brighton Medical School, Brighton, UK, 19th February 2015;
- International seminar at the International Association for Forensic Psychotherapy conference, Yale University, USA, 19th March 2015
- International seminar and workshop at the World Congress for Existential Therapy, London, UK, 14th-17th May 2015
- Seminar/Workshop at the Scottish Association for Psychodynamic Counselling, Annual General Lecture, Glasgow, UK, 3rd October 2015.
Kiipula Foundation, Finland
- Three different phototherapy training courses for both educational and prison staff in 2015 with new tools for the prison work and to enhance new ideas for the prisoners’ sentence plans. More details to follow shortly!
Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milan
- Five training days in association with Bologna in the adult prison of Bologna (La Dozza) in 2015 by a group of educators who were trained during the five training days of PIP in Bologna. The workshops will regards the family pictures and the emotional learning.
- EPEA Malta branch will apply for funding from the President’s Community Charity Fund in order to continue the project in prison next year. Following the experience gained, it will now be possible to implement the project in the main prison and the female prison. Teachers specialising in the subject of Personal and Social Education will be exposed to the approach in their B.Ed (Hons) course at the University of Malta.
- An online course will be developed as for next year. The goal is to develop a blended learning approach/course as a result of the project – with both online and participatory seminars
- A photography club will be set up in prison in order to extent the aims and objects of this project. The idea is to use a blended approach mainly mixed media approach of crafts, poetry and photography.
- The phototherapy techniques will be applied in the adult prison of Bologna (La Dozza) in 2015 by a group of educators who were trained during the five training days of PIP in Bologna. The workshops regards the family pictures and the emotional learning. The title is “Family Album, the secret life of the personal and family photos”. The main objective is to stimulate the emotional intelligence and the change process.
- Workshop in Iasi, in March 2015, dedicated to promoting the results of the project and build a network of specialists from various domains interested in the use of phototherapy approaches.
- GRADECO Association intends on submitting, in 2015, to the National Administration of Penitentiaries a request for setting up a module of training in phototherapy related techniques, dedicated to prison workers from across the country.
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Training scheduled in Athens (March 13th-14th 2015) for psychologists, counsellors, social workers, educators working in prisons, and other interested mental health workers. The training will last for two and a half days and will take place at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
- An exhibition of the PIPAE posters has taken place in Espies, Ariege, France between 26th July 2015 and 22nd August 2015.